Some things in life are irreplaceable. When we talk about such “somethings”, email services will also remain a hot pick for everyone. Even in the modern age, tons of people still think of email services as the perfect way to carry out chores, be it for a professional setting or for personal needs.
There are tons of email services that offer brilliant filters and features to users from all parts of the globe. With time, business email accounts have become quite popular. Such types of accounts usually end with a business domain in the latter half of the address.
Different email service providers offer business emails. Among these, comes a provider that has been on the rise lately. Zoho email service has seen a rapid increase in the number of users in recent years. In case you are looking to sign up with the email service for both business and personal use but find it difficult to do it all by yourself, you came to the right place.
As today’s blog will shed light on how a user can get a Zoho business email account for free without breaking a sweat.
But before we begin, let us have a look at some of the major perks of having free Zoho business email.
Major Features of Zoho Email
- Email users are offered the benefit of email hosting for a single domain
- Users can upload files up to a size limit of 1GB
- The storage limit for every user stands at 5 GB.
- The attachment limit for every file is 25MB.
- Users can make up to 5 free Zoho email accounts
- Additional security is offered in the form of two-factor authentication
These features can add a lot of options to your business arsenal, especially if you are a small business owner and on a tight budget.
Let us now take a look at the steps that can be used to sign up with Zoho Mail.
Simple Steps to Sign Up for Zoho Email
One can carry out the steps mentioned below in the correct order to create an account with this email service provider with relative ease;
- Open your web browser and enter this link, https://www.zoho.com/mail/ to visit the signup page of Zoho mail and click on the personal email option, to begin with.
- From there, you will need to select the username of your choice and type the same in the given username field to proceed further.
- In the next window, you will need to fill the form accordingly;
- Start by entering a strong and easy-to-remember password in the given field.
- Once you have done so, enter your first and last name in the given fields. Keep in mind that you can use a different name.
- For the next step, you will need to enter a mobile number where you can receive SMS. Confirm the number by entering it again in the confirmation field.
Note: The signup process for Zoho email can also be completed with the use of LinkedIn, Facebook, Google, and Twitter by clicking on the icons for the same that are just below the text fields.
- Now, you will need to enter the confirmation code that you will receive on the phone number that you entered in the earlier fields. Upon entering the number, select the “verify my mobile” option.
- You can simply set up two-factor authentication or you can click on the “remind me later” option that is available in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Finish the process either by reading the introduction tutorial or by clicking on skip if you already know about the email service of Zoho.
As soon as you carry out these steps in the correct order, you will be done with the signup process for the Zoho email service. Keep in mind that the user interface of Zoho is pretty similar to that of big names in the emailing world including the likes of Yahoo, Gmail, and many others.
Let us now take a look at how one can set up the domain for the Zoho email.
Zoho Email Domain Setup
As soon as you have created a Zoho email account for yourself, the onus will be on you to complete the domain verification after you are directed to the same. Here is how the domain setup page of the Zoho email looks like;
Via the Verification of the Ownership of Zoho Domain
The email service verifies the domain that is purchased and its ownership to complete the whole process. Locate to the left and from the tabs that appear on your screen, select the “verify domain” option to choose the “select your DNS manager”. After this, make use of the drop-down menu and opt for your specific domain name provider. This step is very essential if you want to create a free Zoho email account.
In case the domain name provider is not available in the options that appear on your screen, click on the option of “others”.
Users can verify their domain with the use of three methods and all three of them are listed below;
- CNAME Method
- TXT Method
- HTML Method
Choose from any of the above-mentioned methods and direct to the same to get a detailed manual about the complete instructions. For this process, we have opted for the CNAME Method. To use the same, you will need to log in to the Namecheap account and access the advanced DNS tab of your domain.
- After doing the same, you will need to enter the correct values that are provided by Zoho mail once you have created a new CNAME record.
- For the next step, you will need to go back to the domain setup after the configuration is complete and select the “proceed to CNAME” verification option that is available at the bottom of your screen.
- In the next window, hit the “verify now” button from the pop-up that states that everything has been configured correctly.
And that is it. As soon as you are done with the steps for the domain verification and configuration process, the platform will direct you to a different page asking you to create a free Zoho Business email address. Once you have created a business email address for Zoho, you can simply access the workspace of Zoho mail and access the mail option to get started with your professional chores.
Now that we know all about the setup and the workspace of Zoho, let us get to know how one can receive and send a test email for the same email service.
How to Receive Emails on Zoho Business Email Address
A user needs to begin by setting up the MX records from the domain registrar in case they want to start receiving emails on their personal Zoho email account. In order to do the same, start by accessing this link, and from here, locate the domains tab. In the same tab, you will be able to see different values for MX records.
In case you find it difficult to set up the MX records for your account, you can simply come in contact with your domain registrar or you can visit the official website of Zoho for assistance.
If you do know how to proceed further, begin entering the values of MX records in your domain provider. For the next step, select the advanced tab and select the option that says “custom MX” that is just under the “mail” settings.
Once the records have been updated, you can try to send an email to your email account from any other email service
Note: It may take up to one business day for the MX records to be updated. You can make use of the tools available online to check whether or not the records were updated.
Zoho Email Test Email Sending Process
After the creation of a free business email address, most users like to check whether or not it is working properly. The simplest way to do the same is with the use of a test email. For instance, sending a test email to Gmail or any other email service where you have an account via the business email address. If everything works out fine, you are good to go ahead and send emails whenever you want to.
The email world has seen some of the best names controlling the tempo of the market for quite a while now. Zoho email comes in as one of the lesser-known email services but that doesn’t change the fact that it has tons of great filters and features combined with an interactive user interface, which makes it almost impossible for users to not feel hooked.
The above-mentioned guide allows users to know how to create a Zoho account within the blink of an eye.
In case you have any more doubts or queries about anything regarding Zoho mail, make sure to drop them in the comments section below
Up until next time. Go Mailtime!