Email services are widely used all over the globe for both personal and professional purposes. Yahoo is among the elite email services that have been at the top of the pile for more than a decade now. Not only does this email service have some great features and filters, but it also has tons of other different benefits as well such as storage and access to other useful services like Flickr, Tumblr, etc.
Making a new Yahoo account isn’t rocket science. One simply needs to provide all of the basic information required along with an email address or a mobile number to get this job done. In case you are considering making an account, we have the perfect solution for you as today’s blog will focus on how one can make a Yahoo account without breaking a sweat.
There are two different methods that one can use to create a new Yahoo mail account. Let us take a look at both of them.
Method 1: Creation of Yahoo account via the phone number
Before you begin with this, keep in mind to choose an active mobile number for this process. These are the steps that can help us to create an account with a phone number in no time.
- First off, open your web browser and type www.yahoo.com in the search bar to visit the official sign-in page of Yahoo mail and click on the sign-in option available on the top-right corner of your screen.
- In the next window, simply click on the “Create a new account” option that is at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, a sign-up form will now appear on your screen. You will need to enter basic information here such as first name, last name, Yahoo email address (of your choice), password, birth month, gender, phone number, and gender (optional), and then click on continue once you are done.
- For the next step, you will be asked to verify your mobile number and after you have entered your number correctly, click on the “text me a verification code” option.
- Next, enter the verification code that you received in the given space and hit the verify button.
Once your Yahoo email account has been created, simply click on done to finish the proceedings and start managing your emails on Yahoo.
Method 2: Creation of Yahoo account via the email address
If for some reason, you do not want to make a new Yahoo account with the use of your mobile number, you can make good use of an existing email address. Wondering how? Follow the steps given here carefully to know-how;
- Similar to the steps mentioned above, open your web browser and visit the official sign-in page of Yahoo mail, and click on the sign-in button that is available on the top right corner of your screen, to begin with.
- You will need to click on the “create an account” option at the bottom of your screen.
- In the next window, you will need to use your existing email address instead of your phone number. To do so, click on the “I want to use my current email address”. The image given below can better help you to find this option.
- Next, simply start entering the information required for the sign-up process and use your email address instead of your mobile number. After you have entered all of the details correctly, click on continue to proceed further.
- A verification code will be sent to your email address via Yahoo. Type out the verification code in the given space correctly.
And just like that, it is all done and dusted. These simple steps only take a couple of minutes or less.
These two methods can help you to create a new Yahoo mail account with relative ease.
Now that we have created a new account on Yahoo, let us take a look at some tips that one should keep in mind after creating an account on Yahoo.
Tips to make your Yahoo account Secure
- Always keep in mind to never disclose the password of your account to anyone.
- Try to update your password from time to time for better security.
- Always make sure to update your Yahoo account with the current recovery information that can be accessed by you.
- While using your email account on third-party clients make sure you use updated Yahoo email server settings.
- Always set complex and creative passwords so it isn’t easy for anyone to hack into your account. If that doesn’t feel secure enough, there is always the option of a two-step verification method or the account key that can be generated by Yahoo.
- A trusted device and network should be your first preference while accessing your Yahoo account.
These simple steps can better help you to safeguard your account from threats.
Yahoo mail is deemed by many as one of the most popular email services of all time. Not only does it offer a wide range of filters and features, but it also has a great user interface that makes the user experience so much better. Creating a Yahoo account is pretty simple. It takes no more than 5 minutes at max to make a new account on Yahoo, be it for personal or professional use. The tips mentioned above can also help you protect your account better since many people usually opt for a simple password, which makes them an easy target at times. Visit the website of Yahoomail.com, to begin with, your emailing chores.