No matter, if you own a small business or an already established brand, marketing is vital to come to the top or be visible to potential customers or clients.
When there are numerous ways to market a brand’s products and services digitally, email marketing is one of the most sought-after marketing models.
However, email marketing is vast, and knowing everything about it may be not easy. So, let’s find out everything about it in this article.
Understanding Email Marketing
It is the idea of sending electronic mail to clients or customers promoting various services and products or even pushing case studies.
Also, it aims to get as many people to open the email and click on the link as possible. Some of its popular types are as follows:
- Lead nurturing
- Email newsletter
Building an Email Marketing Strategy
Email marketing strategy can improve a business’s performance, helping it generate more revenue.
Do You Know?:
The number of email users worldwide was forecast at 4.3 billion in 2022. This figure is set to grow to 4.6 billion in 2025.
But email marketing and sending electronic mail are not the same things. Since electronic mail is opened by clients and customers regularly, they can gain more attention.
So, following a proper strategy is necessary. Here are some of the strategies that you need to follow to get your business to the top:
- Design Impressive Campaigns: There are different types of designed templates for it.
You can use various pre-designed templates for drafting emails, or you can drag-and-drop builder.
- Work on Time Optimization: An AI-powered system can enhance audience engagement by sending the perfect e-mails at the perfect time.
- Provide Real-time Report: Look closely at the campaigns and observe their performance. So, dig deep and make the decisions depending on the reports.
Building and Growing an Email List
Since most consumers check their electronic mail daily, focusing on a great strategy is essential.
Learning how to increase the list is one of the best things to do. But growing a list follows some rules. Here are some of those:
- Facebook business tools are excellent for growing the list. Consider adding a call-to-action button on your Facebook page.
When the visitors click the button, they are redirected to the landing page to sign up for the list. It is one of the best strategies for advertising by email.
- After building a list, redirect the users to the thank-you page with social media buttons.
Then, call the new subscribers to share the lead magnet they receive.
If those lead magnets are shared, people learn about them, and you will get more sign-ups for email lists.
According to the latest discoveries, email marketing revenue is estimated to reach almost 11 billion by the end of 2023.
- Various trade or networking events provide opportunities to grow lists.
Use a sign-up sheet or an iPad to gather as many addresses as possible from different attendees.
Also, virtual events offer opportunities to ask participants to join your list.
Crafting Effective Email Campaigns
Email campaigns are a necessary part of its strategies. Electronic mail can drive a tremendous amount of traffic and buyers to a website.
However, crafting an effective campaign needs some strategies. Let’s discuss what those are:
- One of the first things you should remember at the time of opting for it is to ensure you plan early.
If you are doing email marketing for the holiday season, you must offer some discounts. In that case, planning for it in advance is essential.
- Creating an advertising strategy through electronic mail requires you to generate more traffic quickly.
So, creating a sense of urgency among the buyers is a good decision.
You can use some words indicating urgency, like ‘sales ends fast,’ ‘act now,’ etc., to drive as many customers as possible.
- Create themed templates. For example, if you send emails to promote any sale on a special occasion, use templates, subject headings, and body indicating the occasion to cheer people up.
Understanding Email Deliverability
Even though deliverability sounds similar to email delivery, their meaning is different.
It indicates the number of emails reaching the recipients’ inboxes.
The electronic mail marketing service provider can analyze the number of electronic mail delivered to a specific mailbox. However, not all delivered mail reaches a user’s inbox.
ESP, or e-mail service provider, is vital in affecting deliverability.
However, the authentication and content written inside also significantly impact the deliverability.
Since deliverability affects the advertising result, marketers tend to work hard to build an excellent sending reputation.
Automation and Drip Campaigns
Email campaign marketing highly depends on how fast impressive emails can be delivered to various users.
However, designing various electronic mail and then drafting the same is time-consuming. So, most marketers opt for automation and drip campaigns.
Here are a few ways in which automation is possible:
- Using personalized transactional emails, you can use SMTP or API to send customers emails regarding their purchases and various account activities.
- You can also create commerce automation workflows adaptable to customers’ interests and behaviors.
The report released by CoSchedule after conducting 10 email marketing studies in 2016 stated that Tuesday is the best day of the week to send emails.
- Integration of data is necessary for its automation. So, connect data from various platforms that are often used and send relevant messages to the customers depending on their behavior.
Email Marketing and GDPR Compliance
Email marketing is one of the most vital parts of advertising.
Even though social media is extensively used to market services and products, it remains a fixed part of online advertising.
The principle is that processing is not allowed.
Still, the probability of authorization is applied to the personal data useful for sending emails to customers, and this processing is allowed by the GDPR or General Data Protection Regulation.
It means the GDPR can preserve the controller’s interest in sending electronic mail.
The Recital 47 of the GDPR states that this law is also applicable when processing any personal data designed for direct marketing.
Integrating Email Marketing with Other Channels
Email marketing is undoubtedly powerful for staying connected with many people. It helps to build trust, generate more traffic, and, therefore, get more conversions.
But imagine if it could be integrated into other channels; how would that impact a brand’s commerce strategy?
There are multiple channels to integrate it, and here are some of those:
- Building a robust website is integral to positively affecting a brand’s progress. It is the foundation of generating traffic and getting more subscribers.
So, integrating it with your brand’s website is an actual thing to do. Capture the visitor’s address using various opt-in forms, loading pages, etc.
Now, you can track the subscribers depending on their activities and behavior. Optimize the content depending on visitors’ activity, purchase history, etc.
- Paid ads are great ways to target potential clients and customers to a website.
Incorporating it with paid ads is an excellent idea to generate more traffic.
You can offer different solutions to the users’ problems and build a list using paid ads.
You can use paid ads to target subscribers who have not opened emails sent by your brand for a long time.
Also, the paid ads can complement the campaign and strengthen various offers.
Email marketing, one of the most significant parts of commerce, can generate more traffic only with well-designed templates and organized content.
Various best practices are there. But only learning about them can improve the growth rate.
So, before you opt for any advertising strategy, learn about its various aspects.