An Overview Of Edu Email Address
Emails are known as one of the inventions of modern times. Millions of people access their email accounts to communicate, share information, and for entertainment/infotainment purposes.
While there are tons of great emailing platforms in the market, only a few make it to the top of the pile by being consistent with their services along with regular updates.
If you are one of those people who like to use emails for educational purposes, then we have the perfect emailing platform for you. The Edu mail is a professional emailing service that is issued by institutions and universities to their students.
The college or university provides you with a customized Edu email address where you will receive all the official mails. In case you are not a student but still want to get your hands on this one-of-a-kind emailing service, we bring a simple guide on how to get an Edu email address for free
Format of Edu email address
Similar to other email addresses, Edu’s email is also an email address. It has an extension by the name of “.Edu”. The format of the email address goes something like this yourinfo@university_name.edu.
Just like other major email platforms like Gmail, Hotmail, etc. you cannot change your email address once it has been created so make sure to choose your email address carefully.
Why Should We Choose Edu Email Address?
One of the major advantages of having this is the students can receive all the official emails and messages from the college administration, dean, professor, and other activities of the institution. Not only this, but it is also provided to the teachers and workers in some of the universities so they can avail all of the benefits that come with this email address.
In case you are thinking about why we should only stick to this email service as many others offer great service, let us get to know a bit more about this email and some of the major benefits that come along with a free Edu email address.
Benefits Of Having An Edu Email Address
- Amazon-Email holders get a free subscription for 6 months.
- Github- Free access to the Github student pack
- Adobe creative cloud- A flat 50% discount is given on this website to Edu email users.
- Google Drive- Offers unlimited storage and additional tools among other perks
- Last pass premium- Free for a total of 6 months
- Autodesk- Most of the software available on it is free for Edu email holders
There are many other benefits as we have only mentioned a few major ones for now. The email address also offers a great discount on a few great anti-virus service providers.
2 Working Ways to Create a Free Edu Email Address
Now let us look at the process of getting an Edu email address. There are two ways that you can use to create a free Edu email address.
- Open your web browser and enter this link, https://www.dvc.edu/future/steps/index.html and click on the “enroll as a new student” option.
- From there, tick on “step one apply” and then tick the same for “CCCapply”. You will need to make a CCCapply account as the site uses the CCCaphttps://www.opencccapply.net/gateway/apply?cccMisCode=312ply portal to give the Edu email address.
- In case you do not want to apply for the CCCapply, you can use the other method which is given below in this article.
- Once you have applied for the CCCapply, you will get your Edu email. It may take around 3-4 hours before you receive your email.
- Visit the official website of the college and then click on the apply button from the right-hand side of your screen.
- You will be redirected to a new page, locate and click on the apply button again.
- Once the login page appears on the screen, click on the start new registration to proceed further.
- From the options given, click on international immigrant and click next.
- On the next page, click on the freshman option and click on next.
- Now you will need to choose the diploma type and the diploma no in the option.
- A form will be given on this page. You will have to fill in the student name, DOB, an active email address, and citizenship. You can use any city of Georgia and the visa type as none and then click on next.
- All you have to do is to follow the instructions given on the screen and then submit the form once it’s done.
After you have received your user name email, you will have to follow the instructions given on the screen again to verify your email address and phone number. You will have to wait for a total of 2-3 days after the verification is done for the account activation.
Make note of the fact that you may have to reset your password a couple of times in case you face login errors. You can use Outlook to login.
These two methods can get your free Edu email address easily in 2021.
Now I know most of you still have your doubts about this email service and the process of getting it for free, which is why we bring you the FAQ segment of this article to answer all of your queries.
Q.1- What is an Edu email address?
Ans1- It is an email address that is provided to the students and the staff by the universal school and college administrations. This email is mostly provided in the USA.
Q.2- What is the use of .edu mail?
Ans2- The Edu email comes with tons of great discounts and benefits for the students and the workers. You can get your hands on products of brands like Apple, Dell, etc. at a reasonable rate along with free services like Spotify and Last pass among many others.
Q.3-What does an Edu email look like?
Ans3- The email generally has an extension that looks like this, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read Related Post: