Emailing has been a major source of communication for quite a while now. People from different parts of the globe make good use of the several email services that are available on the internet for both personal and professional purposes.
AT&T is among the many email services that are available for public use. This email service is accessed by millions of users all around the world and has impressed with the filters and features that come with an equally impressive user interface.
The best part about this email service is that it can also be accessed in third-party platforms such as Outlook etc, provided that you use the correct email server settings. Configuring your email account on a third-party platform also makes sure that you don’t have to encounter temporary email issues.
If you are looking for the correct email settings for AT&T, get in line as today’s blog will shed light on the same.
Manual settings for AT&T email with IMAP and SMTP
One can follow these simple steps to set up their AT&T email account without much fuss.
- Begin with the proceedings by opening the application of Outlook on your device.
- From there, you will need to go to the account settings option and click on the “select account” option to proceed further.
- Now, you will need to select the “others” from the list of options that will appear.
- In the next window, you will need to enter your correct email address in the username field and then enter your password in the correct password field.
- Visit the manual setup and select the manual settings and enter the settings as shown below:
- IMAP server: imap.mail.att.net
- Security type: none for this field
- IMAP port: 993
- Secure: 993 in this field and security type as SSL or TLS
- Insecure: 143 and security type as none
- For the next step, you will need to click on next after entering the outgoing settings (SMTP).
- Outgoing secure: port 465
- Security type: you can choose either SSL or TLS
- Outgoing secure: enter port 587 with security type as SSL or TLS
- Outgoing (SMTP): security type as none with port 25
- Outgoing (SMTP) insecure: select port 587 with security type as none
Complete the process by clicking on done and just like that you are good to use your AT&T email account.
POP3 email server settings for AT&T
This section will feature the correct POP3 email server settings for AT&T
- To begin, you will need to use the incoming mail server for AT&T POP3 as inbound.att.net with port 995.
- Now, AT&T POP3 outgoing mail server: outbound.att.net requires authentication with port 465.
- After this, follow the AT&T IMAP incoming mail server: imap.mail.att.net which requires a safe connection with port 993.
- AT&T IMAP SMTP outgoing mail server: smtp.mail.att.net with the port 465 or 587 that requires a safe connection.
- Finish by choosing the AT&T news server as none.
These server settings can help you to set up your email on your desktop, smartphone, and other devices.
Let us now get to know how one can set up their AT&T email on third-party platforms such as Outlook with the use of the correct email settings.
Steps to set up AT&T net email in Outlook
- Open the application of Microsoft Outlook and click on the file option from the menu bar. After doing so, choose the info option or the account settings option and select the “Outlook setting” option of AT&T email, to begin with.
- For users who have the Outlook 2007 version, you simply need to click on the “tools” option from the menu bar. From there, click on the “account settings” option from the list that pops up.
- Now, you will need to click on the email tab and click on next. Once you are done, select the radio button that is just next to the Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP and click next to proceed further.
- In the next window, you will need to tick the box that says “manually configure server settings or additional server types” and hit next.
- For the next step, you will need to choose the internet email button and hit next again.
- After doing so, click on the “server information” option to change the email address of the ATT email in the “user information” field. Simply select POP from the drop-down list and type “pop.att.yahoo.com” in the incoming mail server field.
- Now, type “smtp.att.yahoo.com” in the outgoing mail server field. Move to the login information field to enter your username and password correctly. After this, verify your password and locate the “more settings” option.
- Next, you will need to select the outgoing server tab and tick the option that says “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” and “Use the same configuration as an incoming mail server”.
- Move forward with the previous step by choosing the advanced option that comes as an SSL link in the “The server requires an encrypted connection link (SSL)” option.
- Finish by making sure that the field number gets changed to995 automatically.
These simple steps can be used to set up an AT&T email account in Outlook with the use of correct AT&T email settings.
Let us now take a look at how one can use the AT&T email settings for iPhone to set their email account correctly.
Steps to manually set up AT&T net email on iPhone
- Begin by accessing the home screen of your device to click on the settings icon to choose the mail section from there.
- From there, you will need to select the “accounts” option to proceed further.
- After this, click on the “add account” option and choose the “other” option that is available at the bottom right corner of your screen to hit the option that says “add mail account”.
- In the next window, you will need to enter your name, email, and password and hit next once you are done.
- For the next step, move down to the incoming server to fill in the required details, that is, AT&T net IMAP settings or ATT net POP settings, and then do the same for the outgoing server, that is, ATT stmp server and proceed by clicking on next. Make sure that the username is your full email address and your username and password will remain the same for both the outgoing and incoming mail servers.
- Incoming mail server hostname: imap.mail.att.net
- Outgoing mail server hostname: smtp.mail.att.net
- After this step, you will receive a message in which you will be asked to verify the incoming and outgoing server details. You can either click on continue or you can choose the details option to click on the trust option.
- Simply save the changes made by you and select the new account that you have created in the steps mentioned above.
- Locate the Account window now and choose the SMTP server and check the SMTP server settings that are given below to click on “done”.
After you have followed the steps mentioned here, simply make good use of the ATT mail server settings that are mentioned below to finish the process of setting up your email account.
|ATT.NET outgoing mail server hostname||smtp.mail.att.net|
|Username||type your full Att.net email address|
|Password||enter your mail password correctly|
|SSL||you can either turn it on or you can turn it off and enter the correct port number that is given below.|
|Outgoing (SMTP)Secure Port||465|
|Security type||SSL or TLS|
|Outgoing (SMTP roaming server) Secure Port||587|
|Security type||SSL or TLS|
|Authentication||enter your password|
|Server port||type 465 in this field|
Let us now take a look at some of the most commonly asked questions when it comes to ATT Yahoo mail settings.
Q.1 What are the AT&T mail settings?
Ans 1- Here are the email settings for ATT mail
- Server Address: type smtp.mail.att.net
- Username: Type your AT&T Webmail email address
- Password: Enter your AT&T Webmail password
- Port Number: enter 465 With SSL
- Authentication: Required
- Sending Limits: No more than 500 emails a day or 100 connections a day.
Q.2 What are the AT&T Yahoo.com email settings?
Ans 2- The email settings are given below;
- Incoming (POP): pop.att.yahoo.com
- Outgoing (SMTP): smtp.att.yahoo.com (Also requires authentication)
- Incoming mail server: POP3
- Incoming/outgoing user name: enter your full ATT email address with the correct domain
- Incoming mail port: type 995 for this field
- Outgoing mail port: type 465 for this field
Q.3 What are the IMAP settings for AT&T net?
Ans 3- Below is the correct IMAP settings for ATT net email.
- ATT.NET (AT&T) IMAP server: IMAP.MAIL.Yahoo.com
- IMAP port: 993
- IMAP security: SSL or TLS
- IMAP Username: type your correct email address
- IMAP password: type your mail password correctly
Q.4 Is AT&T email IMAP or POP?
Ans 4- It is advisable for you to use IMAP for your email settings as POP is not recommended. Also, make sure that you enter the correct email settings while you configure your email account.
Q.5 How do I set up my AT&T email account?
Ans 5- Here are the correct steps that can be used to set up an ATT email account on a device with relative ease.
- Begin by opening currently.com and clicking on the sign-in option.
- From there, you will need to create an AT&T email account.
- Next, you will need to enter your wireless number with the correct zip code.
- After doing so, fill in the code and click on continue.
- Simply complete all of the information to create a new email ID and password for ATT. netmail
- For the next step, you will need to enter the profile info and answer the security questions.
- Finish by verifying your account.
While trying to set up your account, make sure to enter the correct email settings on currently.com to avoid facing any issues in the future.
ATT is one of the most popular and trusted email services to exist. The services offered by this email are second to none. The email server settings mentioned in this blog can help users to access their email account on different platforms by configuring them in the correct manner.
Make sure that you use the correct ATT net email settings while trying to configure your email account as incorrect settings can cause severe inconvenience to you.
We hope that this blog has all the answers that you were hoping to find.
Up until next time! Peace out.