Bellsouth Email is a legacy email service that Bellsouth launched several decades ago. Now, the email, like SBCGlobal email, is owned by AT&T. AT&T purchased both email services and merged them into AT&T email. If you want to access your Bellsouth email, you must now go to att.net and log in to your email account there. Bellsouth webmail is undoubtedly one of the top-notch email service providers which comes with several useful features. Howsoever, like other webmail services, Bellsouth email also has numerous technical glitches such as Bellsouth email not working, being unable to send or receive emails, can’t reset the password, and many more.
Issues With Bellsouth Email
Many users have Bellsouth email, but some have reported problems when using Bellsouth email with Outlook. In terms of issues, here are a few that users have reported:
- If Bellsouth email login and authentication failure is an issue, you might find it hard to access your Bellsouth email account. This occurs, you may be required to change your password and create a secure mail key.
- If Bellsouth email isn’t sending emails in Outlook, the problem is most likely with your email configuration. Simply reconfigure the email and double-check that all of the required information is correct.
- If Bellsouth email does not work with Outlook, you may want to try using webmail or a different email client as a temporary solution.
How to Resolve the Bellsouth.net Email Not Working Issues
Below are eight solutions for opening Bellsouth emails in Outlook
Solution 1: Check to See if Your Account is Properly Configured
If your Bellsouth email isn’t working with Outlook, it’s possible that your account was not properly configured. To resolve this, simply locate your account and make the necessary changes.
We’ll show you how to properly add and configure a Bellsouth account, but if you already have one, you only need to make a minor change. To add a Bellsouth account to Outlook, simply do the following:
- Navigate to File > Add Account in Outlook.
- Click Next after selecting Manual setup or additional server types.
- Select POP or IMAP and then click Next.
- You will now be prompted to enter your display name and email address.
- Following that, you must enter the server information. If you’re using a POP3 account, enter inbound.att.net for Incoming and outbound.att.net for Outgoing servers, respectively. Enter your login credentials and then click More Settings. Go to the Advanced tab and change the Incoming server port number to 995. Set the incoming server port to 465. Save your changes. Set the Incoming and Outgoing servers to imap.mail.att.net and smtp.mail.att.net, respectively, if you’re using an IMAP account. In terms of port numbers, use 993 for incoming traffic and 465 or 587 for outgoing traffic.
- If you want, you can test your account settings by clicking the Test Account Settings button.
After configuring your account, the issue should be resolved and everything should resume normal operation.
Solution 2: Change Your Password and Set up a Secure Email Key
If your Bellsouth email isn’t working in Outlook, you might be able to fix it by simply changing your password. This problem can occur with some legacy accounts, and in order to resolve it, you should go to Bellsouth’s website and change your password.
Check to see if the problem persists after changing the password. If the problem persists, you should consider creating a secure mail key. This is essentially a password that you will only use for Outlook. If you want to keep your email safe from malicious users, using a secure mail key is a great way to do so.
To generate a secure mail key, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to your Bellsouth profile page and select Sign-in Info.
- Select the email account for which you want to generate a secure mail key.
- Select Manage secure mail key from the Secure mail key section.
- Select the Add secure mail key option.
- You can give your security key a name if you want to make it easier to recognise. This is not required, but it may be useful in the future.
- Select the Secure Mail key now. Copy the secure mail key to the clipboard.
- Select OK.
All you have to do now is open Outlook and replace your password with the secure mail key. Check to see if the problem has been resolved.
Solution 3: Simply Wait It Out
It’s possible that this is a server-side issue in some cases. If this is the case, there isn’t much you can do until Bellsouth resolves the issue on its own. If you’re having problems with Bellsouth and Outlook, contact Bellsouth and they’ll tell you whether the problem is with their servers or your client.
Solution 4: Run an Antivirus Scan
It’s possible that your Bellsouth email isn’t working in Outlook because of your antivirus. Your antivirus or firewall may occasionally prevent your email client from functioning properly, resulting in this error. However, you can easily resolve this issue by adding Outlook to the list of exclusions in your firewall or antivirus software. If the problem persists, you might try disabling specific antivirus features or turning off your antivirus entirely.
If disabling your antivirus does not help, the next step is to completely remove it. If you’re concerned about your safety, Windows Defender should protect you, so there’s no need to worry. Check to see if the problem persists after you uninstall your antivirus software. If the problem does not reoccur, now might be a good time to consider switching to a different antivirus solution. There are many excellent antivirus programmes available, but if you want one that will not interfere with your email client, Eset Antivirus is a must-have.
Solution 5: Use Webmail
If you’re having issues with Bellsouth email and Outlook, you might be able to solve the problem temporarily by using webmail. Many email services provide webmail, and if you’re having problems with Outlook, we recommend switching to the webmail for the time being. This isn’t the best solution, but it’ll suffice until you find a permanent solution.
Solution 6: Use a Different Email Client
Sometimes Bellsouth email will not work in Outlook, and if you are unable to resolve the issue on your own, you should consider switching to a different email client. There are numerous excellent email clients available, and you can always use the Mail app in Windows 10. Mailbird, on the other hand, may be just what you need if you want something with a few more features.
Solution 7: Restore Your Outlook Profile
Your Bellsouth email may not work in Outlook if your Outlook profile is corrupted. This can happen for a variety of reasons, but you can resolve it by doing the following:
- Navigate to the File tab in Outlook and select Info.
- Select Account, followed by Account Settings.
- The folder should be Outlook Data File, then Inbox.
- After that, save the changes and check to see if the problem has been resolved.
Solution 8: Forward Emails From Bellsouth to Outlook
If you aren’t receiving Bellsouth emails in Outlook, you may be able to resolve the issue by simply setting all of your emails to be forwarded from Bellsouth to Outlook. This is just a workaround, but it might work for you until you find a permanent solution. To forward emails, connect to Bellsouth’s server and configure email forwarding to the desired email account.
Although Bellsouth might be a good service provider, Mailbird, on the other hand, may be just what you need if you want something with a few extra features. Mailbird is a capable email client that offers both personal and professional email management tools. It includes a unified email box from which you can access all of your email accounts. It has useful filtering and organising features that can save you a lot of time.
Furthermore, because Mailbird has a very user-friendly interface, the transition should be seamless. If you are familiar with how Outlook works, you should have no trouble using this alternative.