Email services are used by almost everyone who owns a system or a smartphone and rightfully so as they help us with both personal and professional chores. There are tons of email services available on the internet that offer brilliant services to the people, yet only a few manage to remain at the top of the pile.
The Verizon webmail is one of those email services. It has been up there with the likes of the best for quite a while now, but being one of the best doesn’t mean that the website is free from errors. The “Verizon email not working” error is one of the most commonly occurring issues and can become quite frustrating for the users since it involves several other issues ranging from slow internet connection to IMAP or POP server settings.
If you are also suffering because of this error, worry not as we have the perfect guide for you on how to solve this issue without much effort.
But before we move forward with the troubleshooting segment of this article, which includes a total of 8 different methods to help solve the email issue of Verizon email service, make sure that you fulfill the basic troubleshooting requirements that are given below before you begin with those methods;
- Your device should be up to date with the latest version.
- Make sure of the fact that your device is not infected with a virus or malware by running a full-fledged scan.
- Free up some space if you think that your device is running out of sufficient space.
- Try switching to Google DNS.
Now that we know about basic troubleshooting, let us take a look at the various methods that can help you to resolve the email issue of Verizon.
Different methods to get rid of Verizon webmail issue
Method 1- Check the servers of Verizon mail
Is Verizon webmail down today? This is what every user should first ask if they face the Verizon email issue. To begin with, you should always keep in mind to check the servers of your Verizon webmail service before you try to access your email as there is a pretty good chance that the servers of the email service are down and out which can further lead to the error that goes like this “cannot log in to Verizon”.
Since Verizon does not have a public page, one can simply see the status of the server with the use of third-party websites like the down detector. if the servers of the email service are down, then you will need to contact the local administrative authorities to fix this error.
Method 2- Make sure that you have stable network connectivity
It is often seen that the problem resides with the network and not the email service that the user is trying to access. This can further lead to the issues that occur when you try to access your Verizon mail account.
You can simply fix this issue by checking the stability of the internet connection every time before you try to access your account. If for some reason, you are unable to fix the current internet connection, you can switch to a different network connection as well to get rid of this error.
Method 3- By optimizing your web browser
Generally, people try to access their email account via their regular web browser. But what most people do not know is that the web browser contains a lot of cache files, which can be one of the reasons why the “Verizon email not working today” error occurs.
But this can be fixed with relative ease as you can simply optimize your web browser to get rid of this error. All you need to do is to visit the settings of your web browser to select the privacy and security tab, and from there click on the “clear browsing data” option which will simply clear the browsing history, cache, and cookie files of the web browser.
Method 4- Disable all add-ons and the security programs of your system
There is a good chance that the antivirus, firewall program, or even add-ons of any kind might be the reason behind this error as these programs can interfere with the sending and receiving process of Verizon emails, which can further cause the Verizon email issue.
One can simply try to disable all of the add-ons and security systems at once, or one-by-one to check which security program is at fault, so as to solve this error without much fuss.
Method 5- Proper registration for the setting up of your Verizon email account
If you are trying to access your Verizon email account for the very first time and you happen to encounter the error that says “Verizon email not working“, there is a quite big possibility that you are facing this error as you have not appropriately registered yourself.
Because you are facing the same error, let us take a look at the following steps that you can use to register yourself so to set up your Verizon email account in a proper fashion;
- To begin, you will need to access your optimized web browser to visit the official sign-in page of Verizon.
- From there, you will need to click on the “My Account” tab and select the respective option to sign in to Verizon and proceed further.
- In the next window, you will need to enter your user ID, or your mobile number in the given space along with your Verizon mail password correctly.
- Once you have entered the details correctly, you will need to go through the verification process with the use of a “secure pin” which will be sent to you via text, email, or call.
- It is also possible that you may have to answer a security question just before you are about to finish your registration process successfully.
Method 6- Check the server settings of Verizon
One should always keep an eye on your Verizon email account’s IMAP and POP settings. You can simply select either IMAP or POP settings for your Verizon email account server settings, although it is advisable for you to choose the IMAP protocol as it works best with AOL mail, Yahoo Mail, and all the other services.
It may be possible that you need to set up your Verizon email account in case you are facing issues again.
Method 7- By resetting your Verizon email account password
Although the webmail service is quite popular for security, it is common knowledge that the “Verizon email not working” error can also occur due to a change in the password or incorrect password problem.
If you are also facing this issue, you can change your Verizon email password with the help of the steps that are given below;
- First off, you will need to begin with the password reset process by visiting the login page of Verizon with the help of your web browser.
Note: You will need to use either the “Verizon.yahoo.com” or the “mail.aol.com” to visit the login page of Verizon email because it got out of the email business in 2017 and the email services of this company were migrated to Yahoo and AOL platforms.
- After accessing either of the two links that are mentioned above, you will need to click on the “forgot info” option after you reach the login page of Verizon.
- Now, you will be redirected to a new page after you have clicked on this option. The link to the password retrieval page can be accessed by clicking here.
- In the next window, from the Verizon account forgot password page, you will need to enter the user ID that also includes the email address and Zip Code of your Verizon email.
- Now, you will need to click on continue after you have entered the correct details. Move a bit further to follow the instructions given on the screen.
- A temporary password will now be sent to you for your Verizon email account via text on your registered mobile number.
- For the next step, you will need to enter the temporary mail password in the text field correctly and once you have entered the password, you will need to create a new and better password for your Verizon email account.
Now, all you need to do is to click on “finish” to complete the password reset process for your Verizon email account.
Method 8- Access your Verizon email account by configuring it in the MS Outlook email client
This is the last resort for users. If none of the methods mentioned above are of help to you, then the only way you can fix this Verizon webmail issue is by configuring your email account in a third-party application like Outlook.
This way, you can get rid of the email problems of Verizon, not just now but forever. Now that we know about a simple solution that can put an end to the email issues of Verizon email, let us take a look at the simple steps that one can use to configure his or her email account on MS Outlook with relative ease.
- Open your device and launch the MS Outlook program, to begin with.
- After that, you will need to click on the “files” section.
- Now, select the “files group” tab and choose the info option to expand the info menu.
- In the next tab, you will need to select the “account settings” option from the list of available options.
- You will need to select the “email tab” that is just under the account settings option and then select the “new” option. This will further launch the “add new account wizard“.
- In the same wizard, you will need to tick the mark that says “manual setup or additional server types” and hit next.
- On the next page, you will reach the “choose service page” option. Select the “internet email” radio button. Doing so will simply open the settings of internet email on your screen.
- In this window, you will need to enter the user data of your Verizon email account inside the user information tab.
- After you have entered the user data, you will need to choose the “type of account” from the very same user information tab. You can choose either IMAP or POP as the server type of your Verizon account.
- After you have selected your account type, be it IMAP or POP, you will need to use the appropriate server settings of your Verizon account for Outlook;
IMAP server settings for Outlook
Incoming mail server (IMAP)
- Name: imap.aol.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
- Name: smtp.verizon.net
- Incoming mail server port (IMAP): fill 993 in this field
- Outgoing mail server port (SMTP): enter 465 for this field with SSL
- Type of encrypted connection: SSL required for this field
POP server settings for Outlook
Incoming mail server (POP3)
- Name: pop.verizon.net
Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
- Name: smtp.verizon.net
- Incoming mail server port (POP3): type out 995 in this field
- Outgoing mail server port (SMTP): enter 465 with SSL for this field
- Type of encrypted connection: SSL required for this field
- Once you have entered the server settings correctly, simply move forward by selecting the logon information tab to enter the login credentials correctly, that is, the email address and password of your Verizon email account in the given spaces.
And just like that, you are done with the configuration of your Verizon email account in Outlook.
These are some of the simple methods that one can use to fix the Verizon email problems of today without breaking a sweat.
Verizon email service has been around for quite a while now and offers tons of great features that make the emailing experience much better for a user. The problems that one encounters when it comes to the Verizon email can be easily solved with the use of the aforementioned methods.
These methods have been tried and tested by many to make sure that a user can turn to these in times of desperate need.